I'm back on the prowl, and tonight my search for live music leads me to the Larimer Lounge. It'll be all about local music, as the Larimer Lounge will be showcasing three indie rock bands. This trio of bands should deliver a great night of music, as each band approaches the genre a little bit differently, adding variety to the night. I've seen one of the bands before a while back and was instantly drawn to their sound, and I have a feeling that just might happen with the other bands on the bill tonight.


The headliner is Denver's own Mercuria & The Gem Stars. I saw this band once before, back in August, and I must say their music has stuck with me ever since and I'm excited to see them again. Mercuria & The Gem Stars is a four piece band; Maria Kohler on vocals/guitar, Julia Mendiolea on bass, Andrew Frank on keyboard/guitar/vocals, and James Hale on drums. The group plays a fun brand of indie rock with just a little tinge of psychedelic blues that drives well crafted songs. I've been listening to the three songs they've had available on BandCamp for months now and I still can't get enough, so I can't wait to hear more tonight. Check out "Glacier".
Mercuria &The Gemstars - Glacier by Concerted Effort


Although I haven't seen the next band yet, I am intrigued by the band Eldren. This Denver based seven-piece band has a myriad of things going on in their sound that makes it hard to lump into one category or the other, but I can say they seem to have blended pop-rock styling from the '60s-'70s, a little bit of punk, and both retro and modern psychedelia to create a modern rock sound that is as spaced out and a bit moody as it is just plain fun to listen to. I recommend checking out their band page to get the best idea, but check out "Starry Eyes".
Starry eyes by Eldren


Harpoontang is local band that I don't know much about, but from what I've found seems to be a band that packages humor and fun with bluesy rock. This all female band creates catchy music with lyricism that just might catch you off guard if you aren't ready for it. Check out "Cock Rock"
Harpoontang - Cock Rock by Concerted Effort

The Larimer Lounge doors open at 8:00PM and the music begins at 9:00PM. The show is 21+ and tickets are $7 at the door.

Leave a Reply