One thing I've found in Denver is that there never really is a shortage of concerts. Every weekend it seems the options are plentiful. Usually, that means I have to make tough decisions as I can't be in multiple places at once for coverage, but somehow I managed to do just that. Although I couldn't cover the whole show at the Hi-Dive Saturday night, I found a window of opportunity to catch the headliners, Le Divorce, perform for their The Sting And The Light EP release party.

Le Divorce
Le Divorce had a recent lineup change, losing former bassist/vocalist Ryan Stubbs and drummer Chris Durant. New bassist Michael King and new drummer Kim Baxter make up Le Divorce's new lineup, and they performed in this new configuration for the first time Saturday night. Even with the new faces, Le Divorce performed as tightly as ever, delivering a polished set that seemed as if this new unit had been together for years. Guitarist Joe Grobelny took over backing vocal duties, matching up very well with Kitty Vincent's lead vocals and guitar. The new lineup seemed to have a very strong dynamic, as they performed Le Divorce's '90s styled post-rock with fervor and poise. I'll be interested to see how this affects future Le Divorce material; I surmise it bodes well for this band.

See more pictures from this show in the Facebook photo album. Like the Concerted Effort page to stay up to date.

Leave a Reply