Colorado music lovers, if you live in the Fort Collins area or can take that trip to the north, there will be a huge music festival featuring a multitude of in-state talent this weekend, and that's not even the best part. Bohemian Nights is an outdoor music festival, now in its seventh year, that showcases local Colorado bands. This year there will be over 80 participating bands, and if you want to witness them, all you have to do is show up, because entrance is free!


I won't attempt to introduce you to each and every name on the huge list of Bohemian Nights performers. But I will provide you with a few of my favorites from that list. I'll give you a preview song and tell you when and where you can see these bands perform. If you would like to see a full list of participating bands and when they are scheduled to play, you can find that information here.

CHURCHILL - Saturday, August 13 - Mountain Avenue Stage - 1:05-1:50PM
I caught a glimpse of what this band has to offer live last weekend at the Fox Theatre. I was a little apprehensive at first, because of the recordings I'd heard, but these guys really bring it in person. If you are into folk-rock with a touch of country, check these guys out. I'm going to include a studio version of one of their songs as a sample, just to give you an idea. They sound much better live!
The Way You Live by churchillband

SOUR BOY, BITTER GIRL - Saturday, August 13 - Old Town Square Stage - 2:00-2:45PM
I just had the chance to see these guys live last night, and they brought a lot of energy to their live performance. Their brand or alternative-rock isn't something I'd listen to all the time, but if it's your thing, I'm sure they will be very enjoyable.
Sour Boy, Bitter Girl - Refugee Fighters by Concerted Effort

THE SUNSHINE HOUSE - Saturday, August 13 - Singer-Songwriters Stage - 2:30-3:00PM
There set will be short and bittersweet, as this is the last live performance ever for The Sunshine House. I saw these guys perform last week and they were phenomenal. Take this opportunity to see them and bid this great band farewell. If I could be at Bohemian Nights, this is a band I would not miss!
The Sunshine House - All Souls Steppe: American Dream by Concerted Effort

TENNIS - Saturday, August 13 - Library Park Stage - 4:40-5:40PM
OK, so I haven't actually seen this band live yet, but I really want to! These guys have that awesome retro-pop sound going on that I'm a huge sucker for. Check them out!
Tennis - Marathon by Vicente P

AIR DUBAI - Saturday, August 13 - Linden Street Stage - 6:10-6:55PM
This is another band that I haven't actually seen live yet but am very fond of. I had the chance to see them at the Westword Music Showcase this summer, but they went on the same time Del the Funky Homosapien was on the main stage, so I missed it. Since then I've listened to their album Wonder Years several times over and regret not seeing them live. They have a unique blend of indie-rock mixed with hip-hop and R&B. Should be a great live show.
Restless Youth by Air Dubai

YOU, ME AND APOLLO - Sunday, August 14 - Singer-Songwriters Stage - 6:30-7:00PM
I got the pleasure of seeing You, Me and Apollo live last weekend and it was phenomenal. Whether it will just be Brent Cowles solo or his full band, it should be a very good performance. You, Me and Apollo delivers bluesy folk in an incredible soulful manner. Check it out!
You Me and Apollo | Manners by River Jones Music Label

There are many other notable local bands on the list: Danielle Ate the Sandwich, Houses, Elway, Snake Rattle Rattle Snake, The Epilogues, The Aakash Mittal Quartet with Ron Miles, Dovekins, Bop Skizzum, The Motet plus many, many more. Come out to Fort Collins this weekend and check out what a great local music scene Colorado has. Remember, it's free!



Leave a Reply