Once again I find myself a little untimely with the Friday night concert update. I'll figure out how to get everything out on time sooner or later though, so bear with me. Tonight I'm going to see the same band twice in the same week as well as check out a few more local offerings. Bender's Tavern will host four local Denver rock bands, and it should be a good show.

Number Station

Headlining the show is Number Station, and I've already discussed them when previewing their Wednesday night show that happened at the Larimer Lounge. Check out the earlier post to get an idea about this band's sound.

Nipples-n-Dimes will play a set, and they have a similar, if not more lo-fi, sludge-like sound like Number Station. At least that's what I can tell from the one song I was able to find on the internet. Check out the video for "Psychotic Girl" below, taken from a live performance late last year.

I'm A Boy will bring a more retro rock sound, reminiscent of old '60s garage rock bands. I wish I could tell you more about this band, but there isn't much info out there yet. I'll be sure to let you know whatever I find out, but for now, check out their songs on Myspace.

After a lot of searching, I've been unable to find any info on the last band on the bill, Screwtape Zombies. But with a name like that, how could they not be awesome? I'll for sure let you know if I get the chance to hear them.

The show starts at 9:00PM and tickets are $8 at the door. If you want to go for some rock-n-roll tonight and/or want to support the local Denver scene, come on down to Bender's Tavern.





Leave a Reply