I'm going to hit the Denver concert circuit again tonight, this time with a slight change of pace. I haven't yet been to the Hi-Dive yet, so I'm eager to check out the venue. Tonight, the Hi-Dive will play host to national acts Paleo and John Davey, as well as Denver locals Glowing House. It'll be a change of pace for me, because these bands are all indie folk, something a little different than what I saw yesterday.


Glowing House will get things started, a trio of two self-proclaimed lyrics lovers and a drummer. This band has great folky instrumentation, but they really want to be known for the words they've penned and put to song. The band came together after meeting each other at CU Denver a couple years ago, and have since released an album titled the The Annual Demise of Every Aspen. I really like their sound and can't wait to hear them live. Check out "Taming Lions" below and they have a few more songs available to listen to on their Facebook page.


Next in the lineup is John Davey, who comes from Indiana. His musical weapon of choice is the acoustic guitar and he uses it gracefully to deliver his pop influenced brand of folk. I don't know much more about this guy, other than he seems like a pretty cool down-to-earth dude based on the musings found on his blog. I do know I like the songs I've heard from him. Check out "Our Name Shall Be Revenge".


Finally, Paleo will finish the lineup. Paleo, or David Strackany, comes from Chicago, IL and his indie folk is also pop influenced with perhaps a psychedelic twist. Although his music is new to me, he's been around the music world for a little while and has six albums under his belt. He is currently touring for his new album, Fruit of the Spirit - check out "Holly Would".

If folk is your thing, come to the Hi-Dive tonight, as I think you'll be in for a treat. It should be a nice relaxing finish to an evening that for me, will start with a friendly game of beer-in-hand kickball! The show starts at 8:00PM and costs only $8.

Glowing House - Taming Lions (Demo) by Concerted Effort
Our Name Shall Be Revenge by John Davey
Holly Would by PALEO

Leave a Reply